Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby bump 33 weeks!


Humongous belly! Although everyone says I don't look that big I feel huge and this picture Tate took for me seems to agree. I had my 32 week doctor's appointment last week and have had no more contractions to speak of. And other than the occasional hip popping in and out of place and some heart burn I feel great.
I've also been debating a lot about how I want this labor to go. And I've decided that I'm going to do this unmedicated. Yes, that all natural! I gave a lot of thought to this and since both my previous labors went very fast up until the epidural slowed me down I figured that my chances of this labor being fairly quick is pretty good. Plus with Allie they over medicated me with the epidural and my right leg was dead and I had no...uhh...control of my faculties for hours after the epidural was removed. That's a very unsettling feeling.
So I've been asking around and getting some fun natural labor stories and plan to go the library and get a book or two about some techniques. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

My cousin swears by hypno-birthing. She has used the CDs for all three of her deliveries. I can find out the name of the CDs if you'd like.

You are a brave woman! Best wishes!!! Labor is intense.

My other cousin, who also has had three boys un-medicated, has this on her blog: "We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that WOMEN ARE STRONG." (Laura Stavoe Harm)

Kim said...

I've been preparing with hypnobabies. My last labor was less than two hours and I was forced to go natural and it was so terrible, but I think it was because I was so unprepared.

I am not against the epidural (in fact, with Quinnie it was wonderful). But I too figure if I go quick then I might be able to do it.

Jarom said...

Yay for you! I just bought some books through amazon.com and you can read them if you want. I think you'll do great, Melissa. You look great too.

I've checked, and the library really doesn't have that much available, that I've been able to get a hold of. Just let me know if you want to borrow my books. I have the hypnobirthing book too.

melissa said...

cute belly. Good luck with natural birth. Do you have a name picked out? I'm glad your contractions have stopped. I had pre-term labor and my contractions started at about 20 weeks and I couldn't do anything physical. I had the same "overly numb" problem with Avenley I thought I would never get the feeling back!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm going to need it!