Sunday, February 28, 2010

Colbie Callat Concert

Alex bought us tickets to the Colbie Callat concert like 2 months ago for my birthday (my b-day's not for another couple weeks) but it was so fun. We sent the kids over to grandma and grandpas for a sleep over and spent a great evening together.
The concert was excellent. The guy who opened, a Justin Young who is also in her band was amazing. And in the middle of the concert when the stage manager came out to hand her a guitar she all of a sudden goes, "This is Andy. Hey Andy why don't you sing for us" I thought she was kidding, but this 5 ft. nothing guy with a beard all of a sudden busts out with Bob Marley's "No Woman, No Cry" and he was way good. It was hilarious!

And Alex is so sweet because the next day while I was at woman's conference he went out and did a ton of yard work so I wouldn't be tempted to. (And probably so I'd quit griping about it) It was rainy and cold and the poor guy got the worst cold. I'm sorry honey, but thank you! What a stud! This is the kids building houses for their worms. We've had so much rain and with all the weeding have unearthed a bounty of night crawlers. Tate insisted on building them houses, but Allie kept stealing his worms to put in her house.

As far as baby news goes, there is no news. Which is good. I've stopped having contractions and the braxton hicks have even all but stopped. Of course I haven't done any vigorous mopping or weeding so that's probably helped. I have a Dr. appointment on Friday and I hope he'll do another ultra sound just to check. I'm really curious how big she is because she feels like she is as low as she can go and still can reach those little feet up into my ribs.

2 comments:

Jarom said...

One day I'll get to go to a "real" concert...

So glad you go to go!

I love the worm houses! That is SO something I would have done (or maybe DID) when I was little! Cute kids!

And good job on being more sedentary and keeping that little baby in there! :-)

Lindsay said...

What a fun night out. Your kiddos are darling digging in the dirt! I am glad to hear you are doing better.