Tuesday, January 5, 2010
We have been so blessed this past year! Christmas was fun, especially since both Tate and Allie understood the concept of Christmas. The kids acted out the Christmas story with Tate playing the part of Joseph and Allie playing Mary. This was Christmas morning before the onslaught of grabbing hands.

Santa brought Allie a baby doll station complete with high chair, sink, bath and bed. Tayden got a big remote control truck, which stopped working mid-morning and we had to return it for another. Luckily Santa's elves took their left over toys to Wal-Mart ;)

If it seems like they had piles of presents it's because they did. These weeds got mostly clothes this year, but still got plenty spoiled when we went to Grandma and Grandpa Cornwall's and then the following day when my parents came down toting a trunk full as well.
A few days later, with the help of Grandma and Grandpa "Roy" (my parents) we switched the kids rooms around and set up Allie's big girl bed in the "girl's room"! She was more than ready for this next step and it's helped her with her potty training. She is back to being potty trained and only needs a diaper at night and nap times. Woo hoo!
Tate was not very happy with the change, but says it's okay as long as we get him "something cool, like rockets" to hang around his room. Fair enough.
On Dec. 28th it was our 7 year anniversary. I meant to scan a wedding picture in, but our lap top died and we had to revive an old desk top so it's not all hooked up yet. I thought we had decided not to give each other any gifts for our anniversary this year, but my honey handed me a box with a beautiful diamond pendant and chain in it. I pouted a little that he had cheated, but I got over it. We left the kids with my parents and just had a nice evening of dinner, a movie and ice cream. I am so grateful to be married to such a wonderful, loving, hardworking and down right smoking hot guy. He works hard to care for us and is a great father. After 7 years we are still crazy in love with each other other. I love you Alex!
New years was just a quiet night at home, oh minus the part when we almost lost Alex's parent's dog we were watching. We didn't know he could fit through the slots in the gate. Luckily Alex found him in the next neighborhood over. Then we put the kids to bed and just relaxed and watched a movie before watching the ball drop and going to bed. Nothing very exciting, but that is just fine by us. Happy 2010!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm very behind on my blog reading, so... congrats on the house and the baby girl! And I'm loving the kids rooms!
I love the kids rooms. So cute.
Post a Comment