It's hard to say exactly how this all started coming together, but it seems that one minute our plans were that I would get my real estate license and Alex and I would work together as a team and the next thing I know Alex is gearing up for law school and I'm a preschool teacher....alright well it wasn't quite that fast. Let me explain.
Friday, July 29, 2011
And so we begin...
Alex has been a Realtor for 8 years now and although he truly loves it, it's not always been easy. The thing about real estate is that when it's good, it's good and when it's not so good it's bad! We've tried to be very careful with our money, budgeting, keeping careful records, etc. However, when it's either feast or famine the middle ground is just hard to fabricate out of thin air no matter how good our intentions are.
We've tried our hand at other businesses, school and part time jobs during the famine times, but never felt that it was something we were supposed to do. So Alex just kept plugging away at real estate. It amazes me now how it all came together. I honestly can't really say when the idea began to develop, but somehow Alex and I both knew. Alex is signed up to finish his Bachelors degree in political science from SUU (graduate fall 2013), take the LSAT and with heaven's helping hands be accepted to and graduate law school.
With that challenging and exciting development, I began looking for a part time job to allow Alex availability to do so. I was very particular about what I wanted and took the matter up in prayer. I needed a job that would allow me to keep my two youngest with me since Tayden will be in school all day and I did not want to have to leave my children for long hours everyday in daycare or with friends or family. I applied and interviewed for a preschool teacher position at the Washington City Rec Center with high hopes, but no real expectations of actually getting the job. I was amazed and relieved when I did. Since Alex has been working so hard in real estate he has been very successful with clients and a partner that he is obligated to stick with, he will continue selling real estate while my pay check will alleviate all the stress in between closings.
I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband who has overcome so much and who is courageous enough to tackle such a rigorous and challenging task for the betterment of himself and his families future. I am most grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing and inspiring along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment