Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baseball All-Star!

 Tate's first peewee baseball game was actually last week, but it was pouring freezing rain and the kids ran around in complete bewilderment about where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing (It couldn't have been because they were drenched and frozen)
This game was a huge improvement.  Tate did so great!  That kid has a quite the arm and can throw the ball further than me.  No joke! Tate played first base (a very big job).  I was so proud of him.  He's got a mean swing too.  On his first time up to bat he struck out. He hit good on the next two times though.  Later when I was talking to him about the game I said it was okay that he'd struck out cause sometimes you just need to work out the nerves.  He casually replied that he hadn't been nervous one bit, that's why he'd hit the ball so good all the other times.  What a mature attitude.  That's my little dude.  Of course, now I guess he's my big dude.
Tate playing first base and ready for the ball!

No comments: