Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!




I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We sure did. We saw Santa a couple times before Christmas and Tate kept telling us that Santa was going to bring him a 4-wheeler for Christmas. Well Santa didn't bring him a 4-wheeler, he brought him an Escalade with a working radio. He was so excited. Allie didn't really get the whole unwrapping part, but she loved getting the presents. We are up in Roy right now at my parents house. Some how we made it through the snowy weather. We've had a great Christmas season and I'm sad to see it end.

I did the Forgotten Carols and got an acting part (ooh..aah) okay so I was just a busy shop-a-holic who once I heard the flute being played (by Michael McClean) I froze and starred into the distance at which time I remembered the true meaning of Christmas:) And in the second scene I was part of a "bad sounding" caroler group. Then I sang in the real choir. It was sooo fun.


Then on Friday I went and jammed with a local band (that has opened for SheDaisy before) at the Bloomington Country club. They asked me to come and we'd just do some traditional Christmas music...yeah it was nice when they did a song I knew. I've never sang in front of a band before so the first few songs were a little rough, but once I got the hang of it, Alex said we sounded great.

Then I had another concert on Saturday night with Lieto! and again on Sunday in church (and I had to do the sharing time in primary). Unfortunately for me Alex had taken a shift at the station on Saturday night through to Sunday night because everyone else was out of town for Christmas. Lucky for me, my kids did great being passed around to kind ward members while I was busy doing all that stuff.

This week Tate gets to go skiing for the first time and we're excited for our first ski trip of the season.

4 comments:

melissa said...

wow thats a stylin' escalade! Your kids are so cute! I enjoyed seeing you and meeting your husband, we will have to plan more get togethers! I hope Tate doesn't freeze skiing!

Megan Peterson said...

Hey, how long are you going to be in Roy? I'd love to get together!

Dave and Natasha said...

Ooh, riding in style! I bet he just loves that! Have fun up north! I'm jealous of the skiing trip! Oh, and thanks again for the treats!

Jill said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! You should let people know when you're in Roy so we can see you!