Monday, September 22, 2008
A $500 SPLINTER!
Oh my goodness can I just say that I'm so not looking forward to Allie as a teenager if she is this much of a drama queen at one. So on Saturday we had gone over to Alex's parents to drop a few things off. Well there was about a two minutes span of time that no one was watching Allie. She was just playing in the living room. Anyway a little later I was sitting next to her on the floor going through somethings for Sherry when I noticed her trying to stand up. She kept falling over and wouldn't put any weight on her left leg. I thought her leg had fallen asleep or something. This was around 1:30 p.m. So I didn't think much of it and we went home and put her down for a nap. When she woke up she was still not walking or even putting her foot down. Alex checked her and couldn't find anything wrong, but she was acting like her foot was seriously injured. So finally by about 6:30 we decided that we needed to get her checked out. So we went to the E.R. Well after another thorough exam and x-rays they still couldn't find anything wrong. The nurse practioner thought she might have a serious infection, but she did notice a tiny splinter in her foot so she thought she'd just get that out of there. Oh yes, you guessed it about 10 minutes later she was running around the hospital, playing with the nurses and just having a great time. No one could believe that this teeny tiny splinter was really the problem, but 3 hours and $500 later we were out of there with a much happier girl. Talk about princess and the pea!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh my goodness! Who would have thought! lol! I am so gald it wasn't anything more serious!
Ditto to what Clenece said! Poor girl!
If you would like to get together, give me a call. I have a bunch of the stuff to do wall hangings if you want to do that, or if you want to make (or buy if you don't want to make) some jewelry. Give me a call sometime!
Hey Melissa, you said that you would like to order some eyeliner. You can either email me what you want or just order it from my website.
www.marykay.com/hillaryboren
Post a Comment