Monday, July 28, 2008

Gone White Water Rafting!

Don't worry there will be pictures coming shortly, but we just got back from the Snake River near Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Alex's family is huge into river running and though I had been to Moab once it was low water and not much white water. But this trip was nothing like that. There is this one "hole" they call it where the river narrows in between two rocky ledges (though at lower water they may have been referred to as cliffs). It's called "lunch counter" because you'll loose your lunch through it. Now imagine me along with three other girls ranging in ages from 14 -20 and one experienced rafter on a 12 foot raft named "Flipper" whose floor you could see day light through paddling through this rapid that has eaten boats bigger than us. The good news was that we didn't flip the boat or even loose anyone into the rapid. The bad news was that we had almost as much water in the boat as out of the boat by the time we made it through. And it was COLD water! If you want to see some pics of my adventures taken by the pros go to:

https://www.snakeriverphotos.net/findphotos.asp?InfoID=36570

Click on find photos on the left hand side. Then click on private. It will come up with a calender click Monday the 21st of July. It will come up with a list of boat descriptions, click the one that says gray boat 5 people. I'm the one in the cowboy hat.

2 comments:

Bri or Aaron said...

Hey! You did a great job singing in church on Sunday! I wish I had a beautiful voice like yours.

Leslie said...

Hey! I found your blog through Megan & Brandon's so I added you as a link on mine...
How did the butchering go?