I had a great birthday and overall a fun week. Last weekend we braved a trip up North in our Jeep. Our trusty dusty Jeep has190,000 miles on it and well...she struggles. But surprisingly the Jeep did good until we hit Fillmore.
When we pulled in to get gas and take potty breaks it started making a very high pitched squeal! After visiting the bathrooms and changing Miah's diaper Alex asked me to start it up again and pop the hood so he could have a look, (I'm not sure he knew what he knew what he was looking for, but it seemed like he manly thing to do.) Miah was in my arms, however and I couldn't get the hood to pop so Alex reached his arm in and popped it. No big deal, except that when he did he bumped the door lock. A moment later I got out to go check on the other two kids playing on the playground nearby and shut the door! Yep we had locked the keys inside the Jeep while it was running. Did we have a spare key? That would be a smart thing to have, but apparently we don't have that kind of foresight.
So I went into the gas station and asked around for a metal clothes hanger since we had left the window cracked open. Of course no one had any so I brought what odd objects I could gather back to Alex and we began our attempts. It wasn't going well and we really didn't want to have to call and pay for a locksmith to come open it. We asked if a police officer would come and open it but Fillmore cops "won't do that"they told us.
I told Tayden to say a prayer that we would be able to get the door unlocked. Alex had found a wire off a nearby barbwire fence and within minutes was able to get it opened. Prayer works! We were able to make it to Alex's cousins farewell. Of course the remainder of the weekend ended up being one fiasco after another. Allie decided that she was too much out of her element and had four accidents (three in one day) Miah was teething and the time change completely through her off so she hardly slept. Tate was good as long as he was at "Sam's house" and playing with his arsenal of Nerf weaponry. We had a few epic battles!
We managed make it home without further incident.
I had a great birthday a few days later. Alex made me french toast for breakfast (I ate way to much!) And then Alex's Grandma wanted to take me to lunch (she had to pick the place, but hey it was good). I went and got my hair trimmed and colored (Thank you Michele!) and then I went swim suit shopping, unsuccessfully, but it was fun anyway. And finally to dinner at Olive Garden with Alex, Mat and Amanda. Saturday is my actual birthday party. Alex spoils me so much!
Friday, March 18, 2011
Birthday week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment